Archives

All posts by Michael

Devilfish_cover

Less than a year ago I was finishing up some hobby projects that have been lying around. Since the new Tau codex cam rout I figured I would wrap up the devilfish and gun drones I started a few years back. It probably took a few weeks to finish but finally I did. So at the time I had a full squad of firewarriors, 3 stealth suits, and about 8 Kroot fully painted.

Long story short, the hobby progress challenge started and I need to strip the paint off the stealth suits for one of my commitments and it occurred to me I will need to do the same to my other previously painted models in order to match the new color scheme.

I never posted a pic of the final Devilfish so here is a before and after pic.

BEFORE

Devilfish_before

AFTER

Devilfish_PurplePower

At the start of the new year I decided that because I have about 3000 points of Tau waiting to be painted I should try and knock some of it out during the 2014 year. Then I found that the Independent Characters podcast is having their annual hobby progress challenge. What  better time to start my army. So with that I created my 2000 point list (below). The challenge is based around the first part being a Zone Mortalis FOC and the second half being anything else I want.

Part 1:
Feb - Fire Warriors 11x, 1 Shas’ui (145)
March - Crisis Team, 3x Duel PRs, 3x Shield Drones (226)
April - Pathfinder Team x11, 1 Shas’ui, 1 Grav-inhibitor Drone (181)
May - Commander, 2 Marker Drones (202)
June - Broadsides, 2x HYMP, 1x HRR 3x Shield Drones (264)
Total: 1018

Part 2:
July - Stealth team 6x, Shas’vre, bonding knife (196)
August - Bodyguard x2, Duel Fusion, Target Lock, 4x Marker Drones (188),
September - Hammerhead, Disruption Pod, Longstrike (190)
October - Fire Warriors 11x, 1 Shas’ui (145),
November - Riptide, Velocity Tracker, Ion, 2x SMD (255)
Total: 1034

Now I’ve been posting these pics as well as the before pics to the IC forums but for this blog I will only post the completed work. So far I’m ahead of the game with 3 commitments completed. Now I know that the colors may seem off from these pics but I have been trying different things with my picture set up as well as my color correction in Photoshop. I assure you they are all the same color.

Here are the completed Firewarriors for February.

Feb2014_04

Feb2014_03

Feb2014_02

And my March commitment of the Crisis team.

March2014_02

March2014_04

March2014_03

Finally, my April Pathfinders and bonus Darkstrider model.

April2014_02

April2014_03

BonusA2014_02

Currently I am working on my commander as well as my broadsides. Hopefully I can finish the first half of this challenge early because I plan on building some objective markers with all my bits. I’m actually really excited about this because I’m tired of searching for random things to use as markers.

NewDA_models_3

Another quick update. I started a Kanban board based Carl, from the IC podcasts, recommendation. This has helped me really understand what I have on deck to complete. I feel it keeps me organized and even motivates me to move things to the complete column. With the completion of this Tac squad I want to focus on finishing up some loose ends. So from here to the end of the year I’d like to clear my plate so I can begin my Tau army.

NewDA_models_2